Governmental Reorganization Act
|Governmental Reorganization Act|
|Enacted by||Open Parliament|
|Date enacted||19 March 2013|
|Date repealed||20 May 2017|
|Introduced on||23 February 2013|
|Introduced by||Grolsch, Bonaria,|
North American Republics,
|Voting began||6 March 2013|
|Required majority||Simple majority|
|Vote results||9 Yea, 1 Nay, 0 Abstain|
|SLU Modernization Act|
As the number of nations available to actively perform regional duties has been shown to fluctuate frequently, this Act seeks to facilitate the modification of governmental positions to better plan for the future. In addition to this, it seeks to create a bill more complementary to the new Constitution than its predecessor.
Section 1: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is led by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs. This Ministry is responsible for:
- 1.1. Representing the Social Liberal Union to foreign regions/organizations and at interregional events.
- 1.2. Dealing with ambassadors from foreign regions/organizations.
- 1.3. Summarizing World Assembly legislation to aid members in voting.
- 1.4. Examining threats and security risks pertaining to the SLU and its allies.
- 1.5. Leading the defence forces of the SLU to the aid of regional allies upon request.
- 1.6. As per the Constitution, this Ministry is responsible for foreign relations, World Assembly relations, and defense matters.
Section 2: The Ministry of Domestic Affairs is led by the Minister of Domestic Affairs and the Deputy Minister of Domestic Affairs. This Ministry is responsible for:
- 2.1. Publicly announcing current events and governmental messages to the region.
- 2.2. Arranging activities and events for members to take part in not essential to the operation of the region.
- 2.3. Providing mentorship services to new members in order to increase activity and awareness of the region’s workings.
- 2.4. Supplying a Public Prosecutor, as per Amendment 1 to the Constitution.
- 2.5. As per the Constitution, this Ministry is responsible for activities, censorship, communications, and judicial matters.
Section 3: The Ministry of Immigration is led by the Minister of Immigration and the Deputy Minister of Immigration. This Ministry is responsible for:
- 3.1. Recruiting nations to the SLU from regions where it is permitted.
- 3.2. Assigning member state status to nations in accordance with regional policy and regulations.
- 3.3. Providing a list of non-member states residing within the SLU.
- 3.4. As per the Constitution, this Ministry is responsible for recruitment and matters of immigration.
Section 4: Departments are subsets of Ministries which specialize in a task that the Ministry in question is responsible for, and are each led by a Department Head. They are created and removed at the discretion of the Cabinet according to the size and activity of the region’s workforce as it fluctuates.
Section 5: This Act replaces the Regional Administration and Government Act.