Illegal Activities Act
|Illegal Activities Act|
|Enacted by||Open Parliament|
|Date enacted||14 February 2012|
|Introduced on||2 January 2012|
|Voting began||7 February 2012|
|Required majority||Simple majority|
|Vote results||6 Yea, 0 Nay|
|Aa-1, Aa-2, Aa-3, Aa-4, Aa-5|
|Offences and Sentencing Act|
Understanding that much of what would be controversial is what jeopardizes the Social Liberal Union (SLU), this act seeks to codify those actions which are illegal in the SLU
Objectives of the Act
Section 1: For all members of the SLU the following are illegal:
- 1.1. Breaking any clause of the Constitution.
- 1.2. Recruiting states in a way which is against international law.
- 1.3. Attempting to influence an election in anyway which involves libel, intimidation or using multiple states under singular control.
- 1.4. Lying to an investigation.
- 1.5. Attempting to unconstitutionally change the government of the SLU or an allied region.
- 1.6. Having Civil Rights and/or Political Freedoms below a level of “Average” as defined by the World Assembly.
- 1.7. Assuming an identity that is not what one’s own identity is and engaging in actions under the assumed identity.
- 1.8. The intentional or neglectful use of terms by an organization in the region, in its official or unofficial naming and in its public statements, which confuse the relationship between the organization and the rest of the region.
- 1.8.1. Intentional use is actively trying to confuse the relationship between the organization and the region. Neglectful use is repeatedly confusing the relationship, with small changes made which do not actually stop the confusion. Unintentional use is not prohibited, but can become neglectful use or intentional use upon warnings from the government.
- 1.8.2. Official naming is the widely published and legal name of the organization. Unofficial naming is a nickname or widely used name which confuses the name and is endorsed by the organization or its members. Unfortunate nicknames which are not accepted by the organization and not used by its own members cannot be used against them.
- 1.8.3. Performing actions which confuse the relationship should be measured by messages from states within the world which express confusion or evidence based concern about the exact nature of the relationship between the organization and the region.
- 1.9. Harassing or intimidating any state, in private or in public, by statements or misusing powers provided to a position.
- 1.10. Violation of any act of the Social Liberal Union which list offenses outside of this act.
- 1.11. Maliciously editing, deleting, locking, or concealing of any forum thread or post containing the text, active discussion, or poll pertaining to any passed or proposed act, motion, act amendment, constitutional amendment, executive order, or other legislation or policy, as designated by law, without reasonable cause or authority.
- 1.12. Maliciously editing, deleting, locking, or concealing of any forum thread or post containing the text, active discussion, or poll pertaining to any legal ruling or judgement, advisory opinion, any other publication of the Court of Justice, or any publication of a government entity or state in service of the Court, without reasonable cause or authority.
- 1.13. Maliciously editing, deleting, or concealing of any forum thread or post containing the text of the current or past constitution(s) of the Social Liberal Union.
- 1.14. Intentionally leaving the forum in maintenance mode for extended periods of time, crashing, or otherwise causing the forum to malfunction to prevent, delay, or disrupt the business of the Open Parliament, Cabinet, Administration, Court of Justice, or any other government entity, as established by law.
- 1.15. Refusing to update the forum permissions or forum rank of a lawfully elected or appointed official after a reasonable amount of time, without reasonable cause or authority.
- 1.16. Refusing to relinquish forum permissions or forum rank once a state’s term of office has expired or is otherwise removed from office by means designated by law.
- 1.17. Intentionally deleting, disabling, or banning a forum user account to prevent, delay, or disrupt the business of the Open Parliament, Cabinet, Administration, Court of Justice, or any other government entity, as established by law.
- 1.18. Unlawfully deleting the forum via the forum administrator account.
- 1.19. Using an alternate/puppet forum account or NationStates state to circumvent any lawful punishment or restriction.
Section 2: For members of the government the following are illegal:
- 2.1. Intentionally following a policy which harms the SLU.
- 2.2. Using powers not given to that position by the Open Parliament or temporarily relegated to it by another executive.
- 2.3. Allowing a raid or encouraging the forcible change of administration or government system of the SLU or an allied region.
- 2.4. Determining a sentence based on anything other than the severity of the crime.
- 2.5. Accepting bribes from any state in the world for political favors.
- 2.6. Promotion of a state, within the government or in an order of merit, without regard to their merit or lack thereof.
Section 3: It shall be illegal to aid or abet any illegal activity designated in Section 1 and Section 2 of this Act.